W.B. Goodnow Agency History
The W.B. Goodnow Agency, Inc. was founded in 1930 by Warren B. Goodnow. The agency's first office was located in Warren's home on Maple Street in Winthrop, NY where it remained in service through the Ice Storm of 1943. We relocated to a separate office in 1956.
Warren's son, Warren C. Goodnow, began working in the agency after he returned home from World War II and took over the agency in 1951. Warren C. and his wife Gwendolyn saw the agency through two location changes, including the current location at 1 Cemetery Street in Winthrop, NY.
A new era in the Goodnow Agency began in 1974 when Warren C. and Gwen retired and their son, Warren, took over. Dring one of the worst natural disasters in recent North Country history, his son Mark also got his first taste of the business and the importance of assisting customers in times of need.
In 2002, Mark joined his father until Warren retired in 2007. Mark became the fourth generation of the Goodnow family to serve the insurance needs of North Country customers at the W.B. Goodnow Agency, Inc.
Mark is the 4th generation of W.B. Goodnow Agency and started in 2002. Outside the office, Mark is actively involved as a youth hockey coach.
Customer Service Rep
Patty has been with W.B. Goodnow Agency since 2008.
Licensed Rep & Notary
Elizabeth spent several years in banking before joining W.B. Goodnow Agency in 2020.